Labor Day - USA
Labor Day is this weekend in the United States. It is a day known for taking a break from work. For most Americans, it means family BBQ’s, swim time, beach time, shopping time or camping time. Labor Day traditionally marks the end of summer. It also typically means back to school and back to football season. The end of another summer season is now upon us. Before we know it, Christmas will be here.
How has your year measured up so far? How has your “work” for the Lord come along? Here are a few passages from Scripture that speak about working for the Lord.
- "Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.” 1 Corinthians 15:58
- "Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal.” John 6:27
- “We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work.” John 9:4
- “And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Colossians 3:17
- “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men.” Colossians 3:23
Happy Labor Day. I hope you will find some time to simply rest in the comfort of God’s word. It is refreshing and will satisfy each and every one of you.